Congratulations! Your the new leader of Equestria!

Looking for feedback, ideas, or pre-reading? Come on in!

Postby Night of the Nation » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:11 am

You've just removed Princess Celestia.

You've replace Equestria with a new standard of government.

You've already detain the Mane Six.

However you have to be wary about the possibility of revolutionary groups

You have under your command a massive mercenary army of 5 million strong, equip with superior military technology never seen before in this pony world.

But they can't patrol Cloudsdale without plummeting to their deaths.

Therefore Cloudsdale is a problem for you and an excellent HQ for possible revolutionary groups and gathering point to launch an invasion force against your rule.

What do you do? Do you solve the problem ruthlessly or tactfully? Or perhaps your more clever then that....

NOTE: This is not a RP. I'm just looking for interesting responses to a story that I'm trying to write.
Night of the Nation

Postby Umbra Scriptor » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:28 pm

In all honesty, I would offer Cloudsdale, and those who reside there, independence from my rule in exchange for their help in monitoring the borders of Equestria, weather control, etc. But that wouldn't make a very interesting story, would it?

I would find ponies, especially pegasi, who are either power hungry, greedy, or easily blackmailed, and convince them to infiltrate any rebellious groups in Equestria. They would report back to me, and any moves the groups made could be quickly countered or a preemptive strike could be launched. Eventually the dissidents would grow tired of the constant losses and more likely than not give up.

Hoped this helped some.
Sono morto tanto tempo fa.
Umbra Scriptor

Re: Congratulations! Your the new leader of Equestria!

Postby Night of the Nation » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:56 pm

Thanks for the response. I honestly like the idea of paid informants infiltrating revolutionary groups. And it would probably work until Revolutionaries got smart and start to feed false info to suspected informants.

Plus there's still the problem of not being able to detain Revolutionaries who can walk on clouds and having to only work with an army that can't.

In all honesty, I would offer Cloudsdale, and those who reside there, independence from my rule in exchange for their help in monitoring the borders of Equestria, weather control, etc. But that wouldn't make a very interesting story, would it?

NOPE :lol:
Not unless Cloudsdale turnings into a hardcore version of Switzerland and is willing to just sit on the sidelines watching the rest of Equestria get steamrolled into labor camps. :cry:
Last edited by Night of the Nation on Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Night of the Nation

Re: Congratulations! Your the new leader of Equestria!

Postby KAMfiction » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:05 pm

Get Chrysalis on my side and have her take over the problem!
Kawaii
^_^
KAMfiction

Ummm...

Postby Night of the Nation » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:45 pm

KAMfiction wrote:Get Chrysalis on my side and have her take over the problem!

I really don't see having an alliance with a creepy, power-hungry shape shifter and her loyal army ending well. :shock:

I can see it now:

Leader of Equestria: Um, WTF is this note pinned to my throne?!

Queen Chrysalis: What is it my honorable leader of Equestria?

Leader: Chrysalis, what do you know about this note?

Chrysalis: What note Beloved and Respected Leader of the Nation?

Leader: The note that says FYI I AM A SPY!

Chrysalis: I know nothing oh Peerless Leader.

Leader: ಠ_ಠ

Chrysalis:
*scrunchy face*

Leader: I'm not talking to Chrysalis am I?

Not Chrysalis: Nope. :roll:

Leader: She's behind me isn't she?

Not Chrysalis: :twisted:

Queen Chrysalis:
*Behind Leader with a knife* :twisted:

Leader:
Awww Hayseeds! I knew I should've remove all the sharp knives from the royal kitchens.
Night of the Nation

Return to Writer's Corner