Opinion

Looking for feedback, ideas, or pre-reading? Come on in!

Opinion

Postby JustAshortStory19 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:58 pm

I am currently working on a pony-fic cross-over of Oddworld: Abes Exoddus and a direct sequal to Rainbow Factory.

I am currently stuck with character cross-overs. i have everything but scrabs and paramites. I do not know of anything in the pony universe that is like those 2 creatures. Dont suggest dragons, i have dragon hatchlings as slogs. So should i just include scrabs and paramites into the story just like how they are in the game or if you know of anything that better suites their cross-overs let me know. It will be gratefully apreciated
aye lads this site will never die. It will always be in me heart also if you want to reach me outside my heart there are ways.

Battle.net DeadlyKitten#116796
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/poniesandmonstertrucks/
JustAshortStory19

Re: Opinion

Postby AQD_Robert » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Could you have the ponies play Oddworld as a game (fictional in Equestria), then they permit it to interfere with "real life" in Ponyville?
AQD_Robert

Postby JustAshortStory19 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:01 pm

The concept of the story is a sequal to Rainbow Factory, a creepypasta story and im using a oddworld cross-over since it best suites the idea of Rainbow Factory. It will be a full fledged short novel with a planned 15 chapters. The problem though is that scrabs and paramites play a big role in the actual oddworld game and i dont have an actual creature in the pony universe that resembles a paramite or scrab. im trying to tell the story with the oddworld plot and a little of my own twists to the story while applying the formula of the game into the story.
aye lads this site will never die. It will always be in me heart also if you want to reach me outside my heart there are ways.

JustAshortStory19

Postby Knackerman » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:55 am

You could try using some creatures from older generations of the show, such as Bushwoolies.

Or failing that, make something up. Since so many of the monsters in the current generation are taken from mythology (mostly Greek, but some Arabic, Aztec, and Celtic culture references) you pretty much have free license to work in any mythological creature you see fit.
Knackerman

Postby JustAshortStory19 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:00 am

Im going to change scrabs to gryffins and keep Paramites the same and give off some excuse why they are present like iunno offspring from discords magic or something like that. I put this story on hold and Doing a RE zombie apocalypse type story. Got huge writers blobk on the oddworld one.

JustAshortStory19

Postby Nepsotic » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:29 pm

Aw, that sucks. I must say, I was very surprised to find someone doing an Oddworld crossover. Oddworld is one of my favourite game series and I can't wait to see how you incorporate it into the MLP universe!

And Resident Evil, that is my favourite game series! Please notify me when one of these fics is uploaded!
Nepsotic

Postby JustAshortStory19 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:03 pm

Will do. You see i'm a noob writer and I try to be professional at it. I suffer from short chapter syndrome. I try to make long chapters but I end up making them short as hell. I'm using a Sherlock Holmes xover as a test dummy to improve on writing. When I get better, these storys will come out.

JustAshortStory19

Return to Writer's Corner