Oh god, WHY?!

Talk about whatever!

Re: Oh god, WHY?!

Postby Drakomis Reign » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:02 am

Spoiler: show
Fluttereye wrote:
Drakomis Reign wrote:
dapples wrote:... But most authors can't. And I'm not just talking about in the fandom. I'm talking about everywhere. Meaningful mayhem is hard to convey.

What Drakomis said :P

Challenge accepted indeed! Once I finish my first fic sometime (Gonna take a while because I'm gonna scrap chapter 1 and 2 and redo the whole frikking thing. Pre-readers rated it 2/5 and 2.5/5! I never expected that haha!) I will make a violent war story involving ponies! And it will be GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!

That's a lot of O's, lol.
"Wisdom is knowing you have no wisdom, thus you attain it."

==Disclaimer==
I am a douchebag. If you think I have issues with you, you're probably wrong. So feel free to ask questions. Otherwise, deal with it.
Drakomis Reign

Postby Fluttereye » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:21 am

Drakomis Reign wrote:
Fluttereye wrote:
What Drakomis said :P

Challenge accepted indeed! Once I finish my first fic sometime (Gonna take a while because I'm gonna scrap chapter 1 and 2 and redo the whole frikking thing. Pre-readers rated it 2/5 and 2.5/5! I never expected that haha!) I will make a violent war story involving ponies! And it will be GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!

That's a lot of O's, lol.

Yeah I had to short it down by about 90%, because I kept getting "503 Internal Server Error"

Too many O's. It's still quite a bunch, and about 94% of the O's aren't shown.

I have no idae where those O's came from o.O
Fluttereye

Postby Drakomis Reign » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:26 am

Fluttereye wrote:Yeah I had to short it down by about 90%, because I kept getting "503 Internal Server Error"

Too many O's. It's still quite a bunch, and about 94% of the O's aren't shown.

I have no idae where those O's came from o.O

Maybe you spilled some Cheerio's?
"Wisdom is knowing you have no wisdom, thus you attain it."

==Disclaimer==
I am a douchebag. If you think I have issues with you, you're probably wrong. So feel free to ask questions. Otherwise, deal with it.
Drakomis Reign

I read it for the plot

Postby Draco_2k » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:17 pm

I know a lot of authors create alter-egos for more... Juicy... Stuff. Just as many *cough* create alternative accounts for Pony stuffs. This'll muddy the statistics at least a bit. You know, social stigma and all that.

Also, what Dash said: "Make love, not war." Say, it really warms my heart to see more sex than violence out there. And some other parts of my body.

dapples wrote:Part of the problem is the great discrepancy in our culture between sex and violence...

You are, like, really clever and I really like you.
Draco_2k

Postby FillyInTheBlanks43 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:29 pm

As far as these thing go for me... it's like... I don't get any great joy out of reading violent stories, but they also don't cause any adverse reactions deep within me like dirty pony stories do. The sex makes me physically uncomfortable. Not in a good way. The violence is just... interesting. I'm not reading it like "OH YEAH, CUT HER EFFING HEAD OFF. MMM THATS THE SPOT, KEEP CUTTING!" i'm reading it like "Hm, man, I would have never thought about that. What a fucked up way to torture someone." As far as sex goes, even if it didn't make me want to eat my own vomit and stab my eyes repeatedly with a dull fork, it's still just sex. There really isn't that many ways you can write it. "And then he penetrated her. Oh, and he was throbbing. So was she. In places. Moaning occurred. Dirty" I just summarized half of erotica.
"You tell me what you saw, and I'll tell you what you missed when the ocean met the sky.
You missed when Time and Life shook hands and said good bye.
You missed when the Earth folded in on itself and said 'good luck'."
FillyInTheBlanks43

Postby RBDash47 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:45 pm

FillyInTheBlanks43 wrote:"And then he penetrated her. Oh, and he was throbbing. So was she. In places. Moaning occurred. Dirty"

Rainbow is best pony.
RBDash47
Site Admin

Postby dapples » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:48 pm

RBDash47 wrote:
FillyInTheBlanks43 wrote:"And then he penetrated her. Oh, and he was throbbing. So was she. In places. Moaning occurred. Dirty"

Didn't even need to think about it. Just happened. I'm done. 8-)
dapples

Postby FillyInTheBlanks43 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:50 pm

Uh... wut?
"You tell me what you saw, and I'll tell you what you missed when the ocean met the sky.
FillyInTheBlanks43

Postby Syd » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:20 pm

Fluttereye wrote:As I have been to this site quite a few times, mainly in the forums, and also been here as a writer, I have noticed something that could be disturbing.

Every single fanfic here, except mine, that is rated NC-17 is a clopfic. Just clopfics, not an adventure story with shipping, but just a clopfic. I don't get it.

Its funny because I just wrote one thats an adventure/sad/time travel thing. Each character has their own story, and each one has its own genre. Each story leads up to eachother in the end of the fic. Rarity gets the "clopfic" portion. And dash and Pinkie pie get the grimdark, just because I couldn't let Cupcakes sit there.
Syd

Postby Fluttereye » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:33 am

Like FillyInTheBlanks (God your avatar is so fucking CUTE!) I don't mind reading clopfics, they usually make me laugh actually. Like if whatever is going on turns into an orgy or incest or anything. Or the onces involving the CMC I just laugh, especially at the CMC ones because they don't know anything of it! :P

I do however, enjoy reading the violent ones. But not if it's "just" violence, it has to have sort of a background story (or be very well written without a good background story) or somethiing. Like Cupackes (sorry for bringing it up?) I enjoyed reading it, espeically since Pinkie Pie were in-character all the time, but I think it would've been better with a minor background story and especially more focus on the feelings jumping around Rainbow Dash (just a bit more) than the actual violence.

Anyways, me and my writing partner had a small vote on which genres we enjoyed the most and the result was sort of expected :S

Grimdark - 9--8
Comedy - 8.5--8
Crossover - 6--7.5
Random - 2--3
Normal - 4--4
Adventure - 7--7

I voted last, as nr.2.

At the moment I'm working on a Grimdark+Crossover+Adventure, as some of you might have read in another thread it's about the Warhammer 40k universe. It's a blast to write, but such a pain to explain the details so far. Chapter 1 starts very in action, with the reason for it quickly unfolding.

You don't need to know anything of the Warhammer universe to like/understand this story, as I will throw in some minor details about whatever new that pops up along the way.

God, the insane forces of Chaos, known for molesting and torturing and killing their victims in the most bloody and horrifying ways possible, come to Equestria.

Yeah, this is going to be a blast to write :S
Fluttereye

Postby Vermillon » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:11 am

What thehell am i reading...

I stay the hell away from any story involving sex or romance involving little cartoon horses, im not quite sure just what is wrong with anyones mind that would actually get aroused reading it. I mean each to thier own and all that, but i mean there isnt anything remotely arousing about MLP , you would have to be pretty fucked in the head to think so.

Although i did read the CMC one where they watched the vid and Spike screwed them all, but that wasnt from looking for it, i just clicked a link someone said to read on Pchan, and while i was disturbed at first, it was so funny i had to read on to the end just for the lulz. It was so bad it was good etc. But i wouldnt actually be interested in reading about Dash and Twilight french kissing and having romantic horsesex by the fireplace.. i just... well, you subject title sums that uo.

It was implied in my Grimdark Fic , that Fluttershy was perhaps abused by the slavers, though i made sure to not write any details, in fact it was only there to add more of a nasty shock value really, and my new fic is FULL of sexual innuendo, but no actual acts of it , its all there for a purely gross out effect (Thanks CMC Video critics ^^ ).

Nor do i watch beastiality, though at least from that view, it invoilves humans doing sexual things , so i can see why humans would be aroused over it regardless (Vomit). But a human-mlp sexual crossover ? Dear god no..
Author of such literary atrocities as..

Friendship is Tragic
A big series of Small stories from the Ponyville Post (Man i really should get that title changed)
And working on a new one (Yeah i said that before)
Vermillon

Not sure if...

Postby Draco_2k » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:40 am

Draco_2k

Postby de magics » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:11 am

Fluttereye wrote:Dude sex is totally overrated, EVERYONE knows that dismemberment, violence, torture and murder is the way to go! *Sarcasm*

I have nothing against clopfics or grimdark. As long as the story is good, and well written. I remember reading one, I can link it here!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7125827/1/S ... e_Massacre

Like this, I mean wtf?! This is taking it too far on the sexual and grimdark level. However, if this had had an amazing background story to it, with more detail and "realism" it could actually work out to be a good fanfic. So, for me at least, it's not so much the genre, but it's more the quality, content and story.

Also, I hope you guys understand what I mean about the kitchen thing right? Otherwise, you will never be able to make Pizza. Or dogs.

Haha, I wrote that! Maybe it does go a bit too far, but it was mostly written because I found 'Cupcakes' so tame compared to its reputation, and I wanted to see just how extreme I could make things.
de magics

Postby Fluttereye » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am

Haha! It did make me laugh though :D Then again I am a sick person, even though only I know it.

Well the story does have a good grammar and build up (if I remember correctly) but it was too direct and bland. You didn't really feel anything for anyone there. I suppose most feel disgust but I felt nothing. If you had made the story bigger, with more detail, more feelings, and most importantly a backstory it actually could have been great. But, for no reason everyone in the story (apart from AJ) are very OOC for me.

It's not hard at all to make something moe violent and sickening than Cupcakes, but it requires quite a feat to make it give a bigger feeling than Cupcakes. In Cupcakes, Pinkie Pie was so in character it was a blast to read, and slightly sickening.

I don't understand how so many people have had their "relationship" with Pinkie Pie be "ruined" because of the story. It only made me like her more, and everytime anyone in the show mentions cupcakes, I laugh :D

BTW I'm writing this high as hell
Fluttereye

Cupcakes, so sweet and tasty

Postby Draco_2k » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:41 am

Grimdark is outside of my realm of understanding. Albeit I do very much enjoy theatrical horror, I guess there's just a limit somewhere... As it is for sexual stuff for most people, isn't it?

Fluttereye wrote:

You're probably the only person who understands me then. And I don't even do drugs.
Draco_2k

Postby de magics » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:35 am

Fluttereye wrote:Haha! It did make me laugh though :D Then again I am a sick person, even though only I know it.

Well the story does have a good grammar and build up (if I remember correctly) but it was too direct and bland. You didn't really feel anything for anyone there. I suppose most feel disgust but I felt nothing. If you had made the story bigger, with more detail, more feelings, and most importantly a backstory it actually could have been great. But, for no reason everyone in the story (apart from AJ) are very OOC for me.

It's not hard at all to make something moe violent and sickening than Cupcakes, but it requires quite a feat to make it give a bigger feeling than Cupcakes. In Cupcakes, Pinkie Pie was so in character it was a blast to read, and slightly sickening.

I don't understand how so many people have had their "relationship" with Pinkie Pie be "ruined" because of the story. It only made me like her more, and everytime anyone in the show mentions cupcakes, I laugh :D

I wrote it as if it's meant to be a clopfic. Pornographic fanfics generally dispense with build up and get straight on with the action. If people think this was written as porn rather than horror, that just makes it seem all the more ghoulish. :mrgreen:

Of course, a few people will read it and enjoy it as porn, but I won't judge them. I've read stuff far worse than Sweet Apple Massacre that was intended to be arousing...
de magics

Postby FillyInTheBlanks43 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:59 pm

Fluttereye wrote:Like FillyInTheBlanks (God your avatar is so fucking CUTE!) I don't mind reading clopfics, they usually make me laugh actually... I do however, enjoy reading the violent ones.

1. Thanks! I think Scootaloo is by-far the cutest pony in the series. I hope she has better roles in season 2.

2. Hm... i think you might have misunderstood me. I was saying that I can't read clopfics, they make me crazy uncomfortable. I don't even like stories that have a strong R rating because... ponies. I don't think the people that write them are bad, and I can see how they fit into the fandom and everything, but they really really bother me personally, so i avoid them.

Also, I was trying to say that I will read violent grimdark stuff because I see nothing wrong with that. I guess it might be... weird? I don't know. I don't get any great enjoyment or anything out of the violence in grimdark stories, but the fact of the matter is it's interesting. There are only so many ways to write about sex, and that fact coupled with the fact that MLP sex makes me ridiculously uncomfortable, means I stay far away from it. There are a lot of ways to write about torture and murder and things of that nature, so I will read it because it's super interesting to see what people's minds come up with.
FillyInTheBlanks43

Postby Fluttereye » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:04 pm

I understood you Filly, but I only implied that I myself did not mind reading clopfics. And yes, I do hope Scootaloo is a bit more in Season 2, and hopefully at least some of the CMC will get their cutie marks!

And indeed, I totally agree on the violent thingy. There must be literally millions of ways to kill things/people/ponies (lol) so it can indeed be quite the different experience!
Fluttereye

Postby Davidism » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:09 pm

I feel a challenge coming on.

How can I write a Clopfic that Filly will read?

I can do this~I know I can.

Even if I have to write a clopfic and use creative means of conveying pornography.

It was a steamy night in Ponyville, and Twilight just finished ______ for the eighth time, and her breath was ragged and harsh. Her ______ was ______ as was her small ______, but that didn't stop her from wanting more.

Hmm... it will take some doing, but if I carefully placed blanks in the manuscript, it would harmless right?

It will be an editor's worst nightmare, but hey I'll do anything for the fans. Short of pouring glue in my belly-button and slapping a picture of Jessica Alba there and gyrating to the Macarena song.
Davidism

Postby Fluttereye » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:18 pm

Yeah I bet a clopfic with every part that makes it a clopfic censored will be loved. Would perhaps be funny to read though :S

Ok, since I'm already posting I might as well throw this in.

I've made some "speeches" that my main character will sprout out towards his fellow soldiers in the time of horror. Tell me what you think of them, and if I should perhaps cut a few of them.

They all made it and took their seats. As the engines started heating, spitting out flames of plasma below the ship, the assassin took his time to re-assure and inspire the three Imperials behind him.

“What is the strongest weapon of mankind? The god-machines of the Adeptus Mechanicus? No! The Astartes Legions? No! The tank? The lasgun? The fist? Not at all! Courage and courage alone stands above them all! I salute you! For though our path has been long and bloody, you have served our Lord with unflinching courage and the honour of true warriors. We have seen many fall today and must remember that whatever happens, we have got the Emperors blessing. They have not. There is only the Emperor, and he is our shield and protector.” He said with a loud, calm and clear voice, all while he maneuvered the ship between the skyscrapers, avoiding incoming rockets and missiles.

He had no way of knowing if it had helped, but he was certain it had. His trainers at the academy had told him that he was a natural leader along with being a skilled spokesman.

Continuing his inspiring speech. “To have faith is to have purpose, and purpose in life is what defines a man, and makes him steadfast and resolute. Faith keeps him true and, even in the darkest hours, illuminates him like a candle flame. Faith guides him surely, from birth to the grave. It shows him the path, and prevents him from straying into the lightless thickets where insanity awaits. To lose faith is to lose purpose, and to be berefit of guidance. For a man without faith will no longer be true, and a mind without purpose will walk in dark places.” he said with the same calm, loud voice. He had taken his ship out of the city at this moment, and was reaching the outer atmosphere. The radar on his cockpit showed a small Gladius Frigate following him.
He increased the speed of the ship, so as to faster get out of the atmosphere. He continued his inspiring speech, to calm the frightened and shocked Imperials. “The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is honour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear. Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life.” He finished with the same calm voice. Inside himself however, he was not calm. He was thinking for his life, adrenaline filling the body.

I actually wrote all this high as hell (still am)

I do feel sort of proud for doing that haha!ahahahAHAHAHHAHAHAHAGGFUDFFUGAGUF!
Fluttereye

Postby RBDash47 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:35 pm

Davidism wrote:How can I write a Clopfic that Filly will read?

I've used this reaction set elsewhere, but it obtains here, so...

Rainbow is best pony.
RBDash47
Site Admin

Postby FillyInTheBlanks43 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:38 pm

Davidism wrote:How can I write a Clopfic that Filly will read?

I assure you, you can't. There are no clopfics that I will willingly read. I've read them to proof them, yes... hated every minute of it. lol. (not of the story, just of the content... if that makes sense)

Jeeze, even you're blankety blank clopfic makes me uncomfortable.

I DONT EVEN LIKE "I CAN CLOP TO THIS" MACROS
FillyInTheBlanks43

Postby Davidism » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:41 pm

What if they were ponies, disguised as Woodland creatures? Would Filly be creeped out if say, three or four Teddy Bears were doing the "Freak Nasty"?
Davidism

Ew, sex

Postby Draco_2k » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:43 pm

I know for a fact sexual subjects can be just as - if not more, by nature - diverse, striking and touching as anything else in fiction. Frankly mostly thanks to this fandom (hope yer proud of yerselves), just as well that I know for a fact our culture has driven this particular trope to hell and gone, destroying any positive expectation one might harbor towards it. Cartoon ponies or not, doesn't even matter. It's quite a big subject all to itself... And we kinda already have a thread for it where I sounded of on it a bit.

By the way, Filly, you are issuing a challenge. I'm having a hard time fighting myself, for one- No! Silly Draco, respect other people's taste, dammit.

FillyInTheBlanks43 wrote:There are only so many ways to write about sex

My Internet expertise disagrees completely.

FillyInTheBlanks43 wrote:and that fact coupled with the fact that MLP sex makes me ridiculously uncomfortable

My Internet expertise agrees completely.

Davidism wrote:It was a steamy night in Ponyville, and Twilight just finished ______ for the eighth time, and her breath was ragged and harsh. Her ______ was ______ as was her small ______, but that didn't stop her from wanting more.

Hmm... it will take some doing, but if I carefully placed blanks in the manuscript, it would harmless right?

I guess you'll have to... Fill in the blanks!.. Badum-tish! Oh, how I amuse myself.

Davidism wrote:What if they were ponies, disguised as Woodland creatures? Would Filly be creeped out if say, three or four Teddy Bears were doing the "Freak Nasty"?

What the fuck. Oh. Wait, so, like, pony fursuiters?- OW! Hold on, I think I broke my brain. Whjgjgk5. g..?,,
Last edited by Draco_2k on Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draco_2k

Postby Davidism » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:45 pm

Whjgjgk5. g..?,,

You forgot the Ellipsis.
Davidism

PreviousNext

Return to Random