Equestria Daily Saddlesore Thread

Talk about whatever!

Postby MoronSonOfBoron » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:41 pm

Last edited by MoronSonOfBoron on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a pretty little filly who respects anime women for their intelligence and strength in the face of danger
Storm PrincessArchive #46samutoka @ devART
MoronSonOfBoron

Re: Equestria Daily Butthurt Thread

Postby RBDash47 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:15 am

*Saddlesore
Rainbow is best pony.
RBDash47
Site Admin

Postby Draco_2k » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:30 am

I swear I don't even know what's going on in this forum anymore.
Draco_2k

Postby Drakomis Reign » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:32 am

Princess Celestia's Hellmarch!

For the Glory of Mother Equestria!
"Wisdom is knowing you have no wisdom, thus you attain it."

==Disclaimer==
I am a douchebag. If you think I have issues with you, you're probably wrong. So feel free to ask questions. Otherwise, deal with it.
Drakomis Reign

Postby dapples » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:53 pm

Yeah, I'm totally guilty on this one.
dapples

Postby HiddenBrony » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:49 pm

Draco_2k wrote:I swear I don't even know what's going on in this forum anymore.

Sometimes it is merely best to let yourself drop and go with the flow.

And other times you just gotta step back and go 'What is this rubbish?'

I like to yell that as I flow along.
Proprieter of the Hop, Skip, and a Jump series.
HiddenBrony

Location: In front of my computer, between the video games and the SunnyD.

Why would you do this

Postby Draco_2k » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:59 pm

WHAT'S GOING ON IN HERE
Draco_2k

Postby Vermillon » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:16 am

The only thing butthurt about EQD for me , is that my ps3 browser loads it like its been superglued to some treacle
Author of such literary atrocities as..

Friendship is Tragic
A big series of Small stories from the Ponyville Post (Man i really should get that title changed)
And working on a new one (Yeah i said that before)
Vermillon

Postby SyrinKitty » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:59 am

My Fic Got Rejected From Equestria Daily And All I Got Was This Stupid Shirt With Constructive Criticism Written On It

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
SyrinKitty's Fanfiction Index
I focus on shipping and emotional conflict (primarily the PinkieDash and TwiLuna varieties)!
SyrinKitty

Postby SnowFox » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:49 pm

SyrinKitty wrote:My Fic Got Rejected From Equestria Daily And All I Got Was This Stupid Shirt With Constructive Criticism Written On It
Same here, I love how they give you constructive criticism for your "next story", not your current one you worked so hard on. It's like they give you suggestions to fix it, but then they don't want it. :\

I'm through with them, there's much better places than Equestria Daily, and we're on one of them right now. ;) Their pre-readers are really snobby just because they work for the biggest MLP fansite on the net. Not to mention act like grammar nazis (turned down for good over six errors I missed, REALLY?!?). Not to mention e-mailing "Mmmnope" is rather arrogant and rude if you ask me.

I agree stuff should be pre-read for content reasons (to make sure it's not breaking rules). My story is on DA, and so far people who read it enjoyed it. Which makes me happy. I only submitted it to EqD just because of the positive feedback it got on Ponychan, I wrote it wanting to write a heart-warming story because I like stories where you feel for the character.
SnowFox

Postby Syd » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:58 pm

SnowFox wrote:
SyrinKitty wrote:My Fic Got Rejected From Equestria Daily And All I Got Was This Stupid Shirt With Constructive Criticism Written On It
Same here, I love how they give you constructive criticism for your "next story", not your current one you worked so hard on. It's like they give you suggestions to fix it, but then they don't want it. :\

I'm through with them, there's much better places than Equestria Daily, and we're on one of them right now. ;) Their pre-readers are really snobby just because they work for the biggest MLP fansite on the net. Not to mention act like grammar nazis (turned down for good over six errors I missed, REALLY?!?). Not to mention e-mailing "Mmmnope" is rather arrogant and rude if you ask me.

I agree stuff should be pre-read for content reasons (to make sure it's not breaking rules). My story is on DA, and so far people who read it enjoyed it. Which makes me happy. I only submitted it to EqD just because of the positive feedback it got on Ponychan, I wrote it wanting to write a heart-warming story because I like stories where you feel for the character.

I've never submitted anything to EqD. I have a fanfic that I JUST finished writing about 5 minutes ago, I'm going over it for the first time right now. I'm gonna upload it to DA when I'm done though, and then post it on this. I may atleast TRY to give it to EqD, but with you guys talking like this I'm sure it wouldn't be a pleasant and intelligent thing to do in the end. Probably not the best thing to do.
Syd

Postby SnowFox » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:06 pm

Sprok wrote:I've never submitted anything to EqD. I have a fanfic that I JUST finished writing about 5 minutes ago, I'm going over it for the first time right now. I'm gonna upload it to DA when I'm done though, and then post it on this. I may atleast TRY to give it to EqD, but with you guys talking like this I'm sure it wouldn't be a pleasant and intelligent thing to do in the end. Probably not the best thing to do.
In that case, I wish you luck trying to get EqD to accept it. If you don't, there's this place you could send it into. :)
SnowFox

Postby Syd » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:27 pm

SnowFox wrote:
Sprok wrote:I've never submitted anything to EqD. I have a fanfic that I JUST finished writing about 5 minutes ago, I'm going over it for the first time right now. I'm gonna upload it to DA when I'm done though, and then post it on this. I may atleast TRY to give it to EqD, but with you guys talking like this I'm sure it wouldn't be a pleasant and intelligent thing to do in the end. Probably not the best thing to do.
In that case, I wish you luck trying to get EqD to accept it. If you don't, there's this place you could send it into. :)

Dont you have to break it into little parts to upload it to EqD?

Because I just tried uploading the finished version of my fanfic to Deviantart, and it wouldn't let me because its too big of a file.

wtfack
Syd

Re: Equestria Daily Saddlesore Thread

Postby Drax99 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:16 pm

I laughed bitter tears at their post.

Read the whole thing before commenting eh? That was my response when they ridiculed my idea in my first story. Publicly. I hadn't even submitted more than 3 chapters out of the 8 I had written at the time.

Always give criticism so you can improve? I wasn't aware that "Go to Ponychan" was considered constructive criticism.

And they pretty much said, if we like you, we will make a spot for you, otherwise, good luck.

But My grudge extends beyond just fanfiction submission, they have blown me off on other stuff too. Did you guys know there's a really nice iPod app on the store that has tons of info on the FiM fandom? I spent 2 days getting Seth a link to post, and he blew me off.

Whatever... EqD can suck a donkey's ass. That really old one in the Gala garden. Suck it.
"Darkness is not the absence of light,
But merely the inability to perceive."

AS SEEN ON THE INTERWEB!
DeviantArt
FanFicion.net
Drax99

Postby SyrinKitty » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:41 am

I personally haven't had too much trouble with them. I actually never intended my post to be a real "EqD sucks" jab. They actually gave me proper feedback, so, I dunno. They're definitely very picky about their grammar, but so far haven't been that terrible to me. I'm not sure I'm one of the explicitly "liked" ones, either. My two fics so far have been fucking long, and I'm sure that annoys them a bit when they've got so many submissions.

Sprok: If you link it somewhere or talk to me on AIM, I can help pre-read it for you. I try to be very nice, but I can't promise I wont pick apart a lot of things (should there be things to pick apart).
I focus on shipping and emotional conflict (primarily the PinkieDash and TwiLuna varieties)!
SyrinKitty

Postby Syd » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:46 am

SyrinKitty wrote:Sprok: If you link it somewhere or talk to me on AIM, I can help pre-read it for you. I try to be very nice, but I can't promise I wont pick apart a lot of things (should there be things to pick apart).

I already posted it here, on submit a story.

However, if you still wanna read it and give me feedback, I would love you.
Syd

Postby Davidism » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:00 am

I've never really been one to hang around places that grow massively large, and strict moderation and what not has more of a negative influence on me, it makes me want to disrespect the powers that be, instead of give them the proper berth they deserve, and I end up perceiving them all as a bunch of up-tight dicks instead of peacekeepers and conversation mediators.

The ONLY large forum/site that I am a member of, is FUNimation and that's because, well for one, I've been a part of that community of Anime nerds for over two years, and I'm a member of the moderation team. But for the most part we are pretty lax about the members. I mean you practically need to provoke another member to saying ugly words and then, we sort of have a tendency to just casually remind people of the rules, and see how they resolve it.

I lock duplicate threads, and tell people to use the "Search Function" of the forum, more than anything.

Having said that, EqD seems like the Pony equivalent of the "Daizex" site. Which is basically a den of assholes that worship Dragonball Z and nothing but Dragonball Z.

I mean don't get me wrong, I like the show, and I'm a fan; but I could give a flying fuck if Goku could defeat Einstein's Theory of Relativity with a Kamehameha Wave blast. Seriously, the nerds go too damn far!

So yeah, I smell another den of assholery, and I've dealt with enough asshats in the industry to last me a few lifetimes. I don't need to listen to Pony Fan Boy douchbags that jizz their pants everytime someone mentions "In Character Shipping" or "G4".
Davidism

Postby SyrinKitty » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:04 am

I... honestly don't see anything you just mentioned happening on EqD, and it's not like I'm super involved there, either. Honestly, it's okay not to like them, but some of you are starting to sound real mean about it. Yes, they're popular, and yes, they're picky, but I have not seen any of this evil, authoritarian attitude that people here seem to think EqD is guilty of.

You don't have to like them, but the bashing is getting a bit much.

edit: And I've been around some REALLY MEAN communities in my time. You have no idea. EqD being a bit snarky with pre-readers is nothing compared to what I've been through. I'm talking about full-on going through my personal life, trying to destroy my relationships and friendships, trying to steal my personal information, etc. just because I said a couple of things they didn't agree with.
SyrinKitty

Postby Davidism » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:31 am

Well, I wouldn't know... but I've heard a lot of horror stories about EqD, and not from this site. I'm also a member of several other MLP sites, and wouldn't you know, threads like this exist there. I'm not siding with anyone, or prejudging(though it seems like I am). I am just a little too old to really give a serious crap about ponies in the manner that I've seen on the webs, and some of what I've seen on EqD.

If they are the Nazis of Daizex, then shame on them. It isn't for me. If they are kind a fluffy and hug everyone all the time, then it still isn't for me, because I'm still less apt to join a giant site/community.

What I see when I go there, is a lot of fan-gushing, and a lot of potential for the moderation team to be ass-hats.

I'd have to really care about it for it to affect me, and I don't. I'm 34, have a full-time job, and am mainly an Anime/Manga guru. MLP is a secondary hobby, to something I've dedicated more time and energy into. So yeah, I just wanted to get some feed-back.
Davidism

Postby Draco_2k » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:35 am

I have nothing bad to say Equestria Daily, either site leaders or community. Sure there are a couple douchebags here or there (happens), a few bad decisions (rejecting nice stories or news posts, including mentioning this site, not cool), but it's not going to be perfect. It's cute, friendly and reasonable for the most part, I think. I've yet to see anything like you've mentioned, anyway... Outside of news posts that casually mention furries. Wait, what?

This and Ponychan/FIMChan/Etc. are a little more civilized though, but that's because of the contingent: you're not going to get much douchebaggery out of a few dozen fanfic writers. That's about the best you'll get out of online communities, really.

SyrinKitty wrote:I'm talking about full-on going through my personal life, trying to destroy my relationships and friendships, trying to steal my personal information, etc. just because I said a couple of things they didn't agree with.

What. The fuck.
Draco_2k

Postby Drakomis Reign » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:49 am

SyrinKitty wrote:And I've been around some REALLY MEAN communities in my time. You have no idea. EqD being a bit snarky with pre-readers is nothing compared to what I've been through. I'm talking about full-on going through my personal life, trying to destroy my relationships and friendships, trying to steal my personal information, etc. just because I said a couple of things they didn't agree with.

Haha, that's called butthurt thirteen-year-old little fucktards. They proclaim themselves as Trolls, but lo' the day they actually are one. Probably Anon-fags, not the real Anon. If it isn't already obvious I've been through that myself. Had even a person I was trollin' threaten me with death. 'Course the way I roll is I go after the nutjobs who think they are better than everyone else and who commonly degrade people for differences, such as CONSPIRACY THEORISTS. Had one send me a personal message on youtube that he was gonna send mercenaries after me because he somehow believed I was a Masonic Zionist Preacher or something. Forwarded the letter to youtube and authorities. Never heard from him again.

I just love pickin' on da crazies.

Anywho. I doubt any of the communities I'm on would be mean to you. I mean, pfft, yea we call ourselves Trolls. But mainly we troll Otherkin. So unless you proclaim yourself a reincarnation of a pony, I think you're okay.

Oh god. Just because I said that someone's gonna do that...I just know it.
"Wisdom is knowing you have no wisdom, thus you attain it."

==Disclaimer==
I am a douchebag. If you think I have issues with you, you're probably wrong. So feel free to ask questions. Otherwise, deal with it.
Drakomis Reign

Postby SyrinKitty » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:57 am

Nah, these guys weren't crazy. They were just sociopaths. I didn't mean to hijack the conversation, sorry. If you really wanna know, PM or AIM me sometime. :P

But the point is, I haven't seen any evidence of EqD people being assholes. I just haven't. I go to the site, read through the comments, and I don't see any sort of hate going on there. If the pre-readers are being dicks, then post what they said. Seriously. That way, people will know what's being said and there wont be any confusion. I haven't had any problems there, and I'm seeing people be really, really vicious, and it's scaring me, because that's the "Us Vs Them" shit that ended up getting me run out of a few communities with pitchforks because I wouldn't take a side.

In summary: don't go on about how they're "assholes who should die in a fire" or that kind of hate-filled crap. That goes nowhere except straight down the path to community hell, and I wont have any part of it.

edit: By the way, I'm weirder than probably everyone in this thread combined. So be careful making the "weird = bad" allegory. Weird people are mostly harmless. It's the mean people who attack the weird people that you need to be worried about.
SyrinKitty

And now a word from God

Postby Draco_2k » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:45 pm

Update on whatever is going on here from Equestria Daily itself.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/07/s ... ction.html

...What we maintain is a spotlight, not a library. Other sites fill this void far better than we could. What I can guarantee you is that if you write good fiction, it will get on this blog...
Draco_2k

Postby BronyOfSteel » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:19 pm

I posted this already in the first fanfic thread but I think it bears repeating here
BronyOfSteel wrote:
I have my own fairly bad experience with submitting to EqD, not necessarily with the pre-readers or seth but with the community on EqD in general. It's the same one I've submitted here.

long story short, I submitted it twice, first time told it was too short. second time, it fell through the cracks with the pre-readers so Seth ended up pre-reading it. He approved and posted it....BUT the story generated such intense flaming and hate Seth took it down. Now the thing is I could understand all that hate if it was a story that had something in it like the CMC having a massive orgy with Fluttershy before she kills them one by one because they didn't show enough "love" for her. (purely hypothetical, I just went with the most extreme example that popped into my head lol) Or if the story was badly written, but the readers on EqD were hating it just because it had Naruto in it, no other reason. Legitimate criticism I can take in stride but blind hate because of the fact that it happens to involve an anime series just pisses me off. Thing is, prior to it being posted on EqD I never got any hatred for it being a naruto crossover, at least from the MLP side of things ( there were a couple of naruto fanboy neigh-sayers who blasted me on FF.net for having the audacity to cross Naruto with such a girly show.) But ponychan didn't hate on it at all.

I don't dislike the pre-readers at all, hell Midnight (the only one I've talked to) is pretty solid. But after this whole fiasco my respect for the community over there has plummeted past the point of no return.
Confound these ponies, they drive me to write.
BronyOfSteel

Postby Ckik » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:26 pm

I don't not like EqD, but I don't like it. It's a great place for news, but from what I've seen, some of the anons can be kind of... serious... about things. And they seem pretty anti-furry. I personally don't mind furries. Until the yiff starts. I had a Mexican friend who liked yiff. He also sang Lady Gaga songs over the guild's Ventrilo server in his creepy Mexican accent. But, I digress
I fear EqD, if anything. They train their writers to think "We'll never get our stories posted because we're not worthy."
Also, Sethisto can be dick-ish about certain news-type stuff. Although, he did post that "Anons hack the Austrian Police website and post Dashie" thing, which a friend of mine sent in after telling our facebook group about it. And that was pretty cool.
So, yeah. Their whole submission process scares me, mostly because I've heard about the lack of good feedback, their habits of banning a good story because of a few style errors that they don't like, and their mildly elitist pre-readers.

The art community there is another story entirely. It's run by Phoe, and she's just a little angel. Although she should probably sleep more...
If life gives you MELONS, you may be Dyslexic
Signature is currently in the works

If you need anything drawn, just ask me; I'll be more than happy to draw it for you.
Ckik

Next

Return to Random