Pony Fiction Archive Forum Lounge

Talk about whatever!

Pony Fiction Archive Forum Lounge

Postby XineLegacy » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:46 pm

A place for idle chit-chat and general discussion. Come in, sit-down, relax, talk about anything you want. Forum rules still apply.
Careful with that.
XineLegacy

Re: Pony Fiction Archive Forum Lounge

Postby The Masked Ghost » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:56 pm

Ok then...how about that FIMfiction then...? Huh?

Uhhh...let's se...what else...I saw clips of the new 100th episode...it's cool...but for some reason I kind of feel it's bad somehow...not sure why...

Ummm....I'm currently building a letter Nostalgic center in my little home of mine...I have an old TV that's from the mid-2000's...good times...good times....along with an old DVD/VHS players, PS2, and Game cube system. I'm also looking into finding an original Xbox and Playsation to go along with it...along with a nice little self to put in it...I was going to build one....but just don't have the time to build one of my own....sadden by that....but if I can find a nice one then that's fine...

I just recently beat a game that took me two years to beat....and got the bad ending to it as well...kind of made me depressed when I did....I mean after two years of playing Persona 4 Golden, you would think I would get the good ending....or the true ending that is.....kind of a downer for me.....wasted two years of my life.... :cry:

I'm currently still working on my 711 Episode (Chapter) story...so far on Episode 23 and I keep putting it off sadly enough....but keep trying to push myself. Reason being is because I fear that I might not be able to make it good how I want it to be in my vision for it...

Oh....ummm.....I just saw the movie Entourage....and got some Baskin Robbins on the way home....I never saw the show on HBO....but it's good....it's good....still....

Going to see that new Jurassic World movie tomorrow....got tickets for it....

Ummm....recently playing through all of the Batman Arkham games in preparation for Arkham Knight....the finale to the franchise....

Well can' think of anything else....how about you...how's life treating you? I mean it should be much better than having Chorines (If I'm spelling that right...) disease...so how are you today?
Moon Crabs are the best...
The Masked Ghost

Postby XineLegacy » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:40 am

The Masked Ghost wrote:Ok then...how about that FIMfiction then...? Huh?

Uhhh...let's se...what else...I saw clips of the new 100th episode...it's cool...but for some reason I kind of feel it's bad somehow...not sure why...

I haven't got up to watching anything from Season 5 yet. Season 4 really put me off to be honest. I feel like the show has really gone downhill.

I'm currently still working on my 711 Episode (Chapter) story...so far on Episode 23 and I keep putting it off sadly enough....but keep trying to push myself. Reason being is because I fear that I might not be able to make it good how I want it to be in my vision for it...

I know the feeling. I said that I would update my main story this month, but I didn't anticipate how hard it would be to write with all traveling I've been doing.

Going to see that new Jurassic World movie tomorrow....got tickets for it....

I've been following reviews of it. Sounds like it's pretty much what people expected it to be - a monster movie that's only Jurassic Park in name.

Ummm....recently playing through all of the Batman Arkham games in preparation for Arkham Knight....the finale to the franchise....

Really good set of games, those. One of my all-time favourite series. People complain that Arkham Origins wasn't as good as the other two, but it was my favourite in the series. The story is excellent and the gameplay is as good as the other two. Apart from it being a bit buggier than the others, it's very engaging. Do you play on PC?

Well can' think of anything else....how about you...how's life treating you? I mean it should be much better than having Chorines (If I'm spelling that right...) disease...so how are you today?

I'm quite good. Still a bit stressed about my stories and traveling, but hopefully I'll get it all sorted out soon.
Careful with that.
XineLegacy

Postby The Masked Ghost » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:14 am

With me, I sort of agree that the show has gone downhill. To me, I think it's great what it is doing...I mean it's expanding upon the world it is in...slowly, but I like it. I might not agree with everything that the writers do, but I think it's good. Although the part where I see where it starts to lack in is in the music department. I mean the musical numbers are just...lazy...unimaginative to me....I mean remember from season 1 and those song numbers? Those were great....but look at them now.....it sucks really. And I have a whole lot to comment about that in the MLP section in the forums if you ever took a look at the Tonight Show with Ghost threads I've been putting up every week or whenever there's a new episode. Basically saying....it I point certain things out that stood out to me while watching the episode....like what does Princess Twilight do as princess other than being the princess of friendship? I mean does she help regulate the country's economy? What does she do as role as princess? I would think lead....but that has yet to happen...

I'm not even traveling....although I will be going somewhere in July...but still it's hard to push myself to write, but it's because I fear that I will catch writer's block, despite me planning many things out already...

Yeah....I know it....but it's still interesting to see though...I mean...it's monsters in IMAX...why wouldn't I want to see something big on that big screen...

I liked Arkham Origins too...not at first though. But just like Back to the Future 3, it slowly grows on you and you start to appreciate it more than the others. I like how it shows how everything happened you know. Especially with Troy Baker playing The Joker... and I do favor Origins over City. I mean City was good and all, but I prefer Origins. But Asylum though....to me....no matter how awesome Knight is....no matter what happens in that game and how amazing it is...Asylum will always be my favorite game out of them all. It's because the island is small, so you're isolated. Not only that, but you're isolated on a small island with an old mental asylum that has a creepy atmosphere and old tales to be told of. Along with finding the Chronicles of Arkham, it really adds to the mood for me. And not only that, but if you beat the game and have beaten every thug that you find....it's sort of creepy when you go out onto the island all by yourself. I mean you don't have any music or anything whatsoever. It's scary, but the good kind of scary, where you're not sure If something is going to get you or not. it's that pure silence that draws me to it and I just love it. And with City and the other two being opened world with being in the city....the things always respawn and you're not really isolated and it's not creepy at all. So I have to say to that is Asylum will always be the best in my opinion...but I can understand Origins being your favorite as well.

As for the PC...no...I mostly play on PlayStation, BUT I ALSO PLAY ON Xbox AND SOMETIMES Nintendo....AND I DO HAVE A pc, I RECENTLY GOT A NEW ONE BECAUSE I HAD AN OLD windows XP FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS...WELL OVER TEN YEARS THAT IS....AND I FINALLY UPGRADED AND I'm REGRETTING THAT DECSION BECAUSE THIIS NEW TECHNOLOGY SUCKS IN MY IOPINION...IT'S JUST NOT SIMPLE ANYMORE AND IT'S NOT (Sorry, caps was accidently on) they just don't make it how they used to anymore. But I do have a PC and a Steam account. my name on there is themaskedghost21...or THEKNIGHT21JS I honestly have no clue which on it is....either the one right next to my PM box or the one next to my community thing....
And as for having that game goes...no obviously, but if the summer sales has it...I'll pick it up, no problem with that. I do also have Payday 2, GTA V,COD: World at War (I know it's old and no one is playing it online anymore...) and oddly enough Kanye and Lynch 2: Dog Days...yay....

Anyways, speaking of games that I like but yet everyone else hates....I also love Max Payne 3....I mean I know it's not like the original...but it's still awesome. Especially the story. Another one would be Final Fantasy 13 trilogy. I just love those games, but yet tell that to just about anyone else and they say different. But it's ok if you don't like it, I just have an opinion too. And I've played a little of FF 7 and it's ok I guess, but I do love FF 10 and 10-2 though...

Another one would be The Order: 1886...the recent one that came out and sure, the game is only 8-9 hours long...but come on, that doesn't matter. As long as you enjoy the game, that's what matters, but yet Ready At Dawn is rumored to be parting ways with Sony due to sales of The Order...and I loved the game and it's good. And who knows, maybe if given a second chance, they would have made it longer...

Another would be MGS V: Ground Zeros....so many people complain about the length of it. Even my friend says he would not drop a single cent on the game at all. And I'm sad to hear that because the game is great. Yes, the game is short, depending on how you play it that is. But there's also other side missions and a bonus mission if you find all the hidden items that are hard to find. And not only that, but you also need to look around the environment too and see what it has to offer. I mean I've found a lot of thing just walking around the place. Hell, Konami even lowered down the price to twenty bucks on last gen digitally at launch...that sound like\e a decent enough deal to me...I mean I've even heard that someone had beat the game in under 17 minutes. And my question is....why are you speed running it? It's not meant to be having a speed run of the game, it's about enjoying it for what it is dang it!

Another game of mine witch is more or less I'm the only one that does seem to care about it...Resident Evil 5&6....Not one person have I ever found liked this game but me....and DSP for 6 of course....I mean I know it's not like Resident Evil 4 or 1...but enjoy the game for what it is, not for what you expect out of it. And for what it is....it's great. People just sometimes let Nostalgia get in the way too much in my opinion and that is what ruined it for many. Nostalgia, and while Nostalgia can be a great thing, it can be a bad thing if taken too far. I liked RE 5 and 6 and I don't give a damn what others tell me about it either!

One last one: Thief (2014) Now with this game...I'll admit...it was boring...and not that great. However....for me....it took me 6-7 months to beat the game...and honestly I had the Strategy guide along with me....and being alone playing the game....I kind of had fun with the game. I slowly took my time, read the strategy guide, tried my very best to gather all the loot I could find, which I almost did....just missed one or two that is....but for some reason...I had fun. I even got scared during the asylum part, but yet laughed at it....for whatever reason, there's a charm to it that just says to me that it was decent enough.

Now there's plenty more games that I liked that not everyone else likes...but what are your games like that if you have any other than Origins?

And as far as games that I don't like, but everyone else does....that would be Halo for starts...I mean....I've played through most of the main games and my overall opinion of it is...meh...

Anyways...I've been to England and Japan before...loved it...but now residing in the states...it's boring and not that great. rather be back in those countries instead...
The Masked Ghost

Postby XineLegacy » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:07 am

The Masked Ghost wrote:With me, I sort of agree that the show has gone downhill. To me, I think it's great what it is doing...I mean it's expanding upon the world it is in...slowly, but I like it. I might not agree with everything that the writers do, but I think it's good. Although the part where I see where it starts to lack in is in the music department. I mean the musical numbers are just...lazy...unimaginative to me....I mean remember from season 1 and those song numbers? Those were great....but look at them now.....it sucks really. And I have a whole lot to comment about that in the MLP section in the forums if you ever took a look at the Tonight Show with Ghost threads I've been putting up every week or whenever there's a new episode. Basically saying....it I point certain things out that stood out to me while watching the episode....like what does Princess Twilight do as princess other than being the princess of friendship? I mean does she help regulate the country's economy? What does she do as role as princess? I would think lead....but that has yet to happen...

There's many things that irk me about Twilight becoming a princess.
Yeah....I know it....but it's still interesting to see though...I mean...it's monsters in IMAX...why wouldn't I want to see something big on that big screen...

Oh I absolutely understand that. And it's not like the film is being received as terrible either; it seems to be getting generally positive (but not great) reviews. I'll probably see it eventually, but it was never a priority in terms of 'Films to Watch This Summer' for me.

I liked Arkham Origins too...not at first though. But just like Back to the Future 3, it slowly grows on you and you start to appreciate it more than the others. I like how it shows how everything happened you know. Especially with Troy Baker playing The Joker... and I do favor Origins over City. I mean City was good and all, but I prefer Origins. But Asylum though....to me....no matter how awesome Knight is....no matter what happens in that game and how amazing it is...Asylum will always be my favorite game out of them all. It's because the island is small, so you're isolated. Not only that, but you're isolated on a small island with an old mental asylum that has a creepy atmosphere and old tales to be told of. Along with finding the Chronicles of Arkham, it really adds to the mood for me. And not only that, but if you beat the game and have beaten every thug that you find....it's sort of creepy when you go out onto the island all by yourself. I mean you don't have any music or anything whatsoever. It's scary, but the good kind of scary, where you're not sure If something is going to get you or not. it's that pure silence that draws me to it and I just love it. And with City and the other two being opened world with being in the city....the things always respawn and you're not really isolated and it's not creepy at all. So I have to say to that is Asylum will always be the best in my opinion...but I can understand Origins being your favorite as well.

Yes, Asylum was an excellent game as well. I loved the tight and compacted feel of the game. However the story in Arkham Origins edges it out as the better game for me.

As for the PC...no...I mostly play on PlayStation, BUT I ALSO PLAY ON Xbox AND SOMETIMES Nintendo.

That's a shame. I find that you can never truly experience a modern game in all of its glory unless you play on PC. PC gaming is cheaper too.

AND I FINALLY UPGRADED AND I'm REGRETTING THAT DECSION BECAUSE THIIS NEW TECHNOLOGY SUCKS IN MY IOPINION...IT'S JUST NOT SIMPLE ANYMORE AND IT'S NOT (Sorry, caps was accidently on) they just don't make it how they used to anymore.

Not sure what you mean by this. I think you missed a word in there or something. :?

Now there's plenty more games that I liked that not everyone else likes...but what are your games like that if you have any other than Origins?

Well, there's Crash Tag Team Racing for the PS2. I had a blast playing that game, even though it was really cartoonish. I'm also a fan of roguelikes - Nethack in particular. Are you familiar with it?
Careful with that.
XineLegacy

Postby The Masked Ghost » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:06 pm

My only summer movie that was a priority for me to see day one was Avengers....just ashame that the studio heads basically cut a lot of content out. I mea the movie was originally three hours long or around that at least...

I also just finished Arkham Origins again and will be playing City again soon. I also went on to steam just not to long ago and found the steam summer sale and I just got Lego Batman 3 plus Season Pass from around $14...actually $18...but still good though, but would have preferred Playsation since I had the other two on there, but whatever...

I also got Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Alien versus Predator Classic 200. The only other ones that I am interested in is The first two Thief games, but even if it isn't during the sale, I can just pick up both for around $15....that's not bad...

I did say I played on the PC...but I don't go on that often as I really feel it's meh to me when it comes to PC gaming, I but I do understand for those who play on PC and is their preferred platform for gaming...

Uhhhh....ok then.... (It's not made how it was years ago) maybe that fixed it...I don't know...

I have Crash Team Racing on Gamecube and that was awesome...I played it for hours on it... But no, I am not familiar with those other things you said...
The Masked Ghost

Postby XineLegacy » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:53 am

I picked up Injustice: Gods Among Us for cheap recently and have been playing it ever since.The multiplayer is quite fun (especially if local), but the main story was very drab. The Strikeforce missions are much more exciting - it makes me wonder why they didn't incorporate those levels into the campaign instead.
In writing news, I've finally gotten a new chapter up for my main story after one and a half years, plus I've started moving said story over to the PFA. Only the first chapter is up here right now though, and I'll probably be porting over one per day.
Careful with that.
XineLegacy

Postby The Masked Ghost » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:24 pm

I picked up Injustice about a year ago on PS4 for about $8...although I could have gotten it for free if I waited a little longer when it came to PS Plus, but whatever, it was still $8 worth spent. To me I liked it the story, but still respect your opinion though...and I'm guessing there will be a second one...well it's a guess anyways. I mean Netherealm studios finished Mortal Kombat X and that was a good game (Especially the selfie fatality), so I'm guessing they are not going to work on another Mortal Kombat until 2017...well I guess anyways...

As far as writing goes....I have hit 50,000 words for my episode, which means I'm 1/4 of the way there to finishing up the episode....yay....
The Masked Ghost

Postby Destroyershy96 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:04 am

Seems I've missed out on hanging out.
Pony battle, My dark side and Deaths story are my main objection right now. I am taking a break from here and fimfic for awhile until my anger subsides. I will not respond to you until then sorry.
Destroyershy96

Postby XineLegacy » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:10 am

Destroyershy96 wrote:Seems I've missed out on hanging out.

You haven't really missed out on much. :roll: What's on your mind?
Careful with that.
XineLegacy

Postby The Masked Ghost » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:32 am

Yes...tell us...we're here for you...buddy...
The Masked Ghost

Postby Destroyershy96 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:29 am

Bored but nothing new beyond that.
Pony battle, My dark side and Deaths story are my main objection right now. I am taking a break from here and fimfic for awhile until my anger subsides. I will not respond to you until then sorry.
Destroyershy96

Postby The Masked Ghost » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:15 pm

Well same here...except for me...either I write something really weird like White Castle Pedophilrds...as in they stalk little burgers...or just fall asleep...
The Masked Ghost

Postby Destroyershy96 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:40 am

Ah. Well its something
Destroyershy96

Postby The Masked Ghost » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:04 pm

Indeed...
The Masked Ghost

Postby XineLegacy » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:47 am

Hey, boys and girls. It's been awhile. What's new?
Careful with that.
XineLegacy

Postby The Masked Ghost » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:36 pm

XineLegacy wrote:Hey, boys and girls. It's been awhile. What's new?

Nothing much here...just me alone in this old haunted house...
The Masked Ghost

Postby XineLegacy » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:03 pm

A husk of a body, being inhabited by parasites long after its death. It's sad, and kind of poetic really, watching a website decay.
Careful with that.
XineLegacy

Postby The Masked Ghost » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:00 am

XineLegacy wrote:A husk of a body, being inhabited by parasites long after its death. It's sad, and kind of poetic really, watching a website decay.

I know what you mean...I would come here more often...but no one else is really on here....it's just sad....and to think MLP is also 7 years old....wow...
The Masked Ghost

Return to Random